Update profile via Command Processor

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

vello

Update profile via Command Processor

Post by vello »

Old timee retired (20 yrs ago) programmer (Asm, Cobol etc) trying to automate PC11. Don't know much about SQL or VFP (have operational VFP 6.0). Need to read CO.DBF file sequentially and update ME.DBF with data from CO.DBF.
Can this be accomplished via the Command Processor?

NeilZ

Re: Update profile via Command Processor

Post by NeilZ »

vello wrote:Old timee retired (20 yrs ago) programmer (Asm, Cobol etc) trying to automate PC11. Don't know much about SQL or VFP (have operational VFP 6.0). Need to read CO.DBF file sequentially and update ME.DBF with data from CO.DBF.
Can this be accomplished via the Command Processor?
Um .. what are you trying to update ?? The envelope number ??

IMHO ... its not a good idea to use the command processor for such major updates. Also speaking as a former Fortran, Cobol/DB2 programmer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

vello

Post by vello »

Thanks for the reply. My question still stands; can this be done via Command Processor?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

vello wrote:Thanks for the reply. My question still stands; can this be done via Command Processor?
Again, what are you planning to update ??

The command processor will allow you to do stuff like clear out data items, and possibly load data items with the same value, but because of the referential integrity that is built into the program you could basically render the system inoperable.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.