Can't get Backup to work

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Paul Hodges

Can't get Backup to work

Post by Paul Hodges »

I tried to do a backup of CP+11.1 files, and I keep getting the following note;

System Runtime. Interop Services. COMException (0x80004005):error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from Call to a COM component. at IMAPI2 Interop IDiscFormat2Data. Write (IStream data) at IMAPiControl. Recorder. BurnFile (String sFilename, IIMAPICalleroCaller)
What does it mean? How do I correct it? I tried all of the variations of backups but none worked.
Thank (in advance) you for your help.

NeilZ

Re: Can't get Backup to work

Post by NeilZ »

Paul Hodges wrote:I tried to do a backup of CP+11.1 files, and I keep getting the following note;

System Runtime. Interop Services. COMException (0x80004005):error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from Call to a COM component. at IMAPI2 Interop IDiscFormat2Data. Write (IStream data) at IMAPiControl. Recorder. BurnFile (String sFilename, IIMAPICalleroCaller)
What does it mean? How do I correct it? I tried all of the variations of backups but none worked.
Thank (in advance) you for your help.
Some additional info may be required:

1. What version of Windows are you using?
2. Are you on the latest Maintenance Release for v11.1?

This sounds like you're trying to backup to a CD or DVD. Is the DVD or CD a CD-R or DVD-R, are you using a CD-RW or DVD-RW disk ??

Have you tried saving to a network drive or USB stick ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Paul Hodges

Post by Paul Hodges »

I am using V11.1 with latest MR and a CDR-W

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Have you tried the process with a new CD?

This could be caused by any number of things, like the disc having been formatted by some third-party software to allow drag and drop file storage, or the disc already has too many sessions written on it, or even could be scratched and not coming back as writable.

Paul Hodges

Post by Paul Hodges »

It is an unused, formatted CD. I have tried more than one. When i started it, it went for quite a while before it stopped and left me the note.

wunuvakine

Post by wunuvakine »

I received this error message after the files were backed up - task incomplete
** PCIMAWIN has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and nofity you if a solution is available.

What do I do to fix this? Is there an alternative way to backup my Power Church Data files in the meantime?

Thank you, Joy Ah Yee

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

wunuvakine wrote:I received this error message after the files were backed up - task incomplete
** PCIMAWIN has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and nofity you if a solution is available.

What do I do to fix this? Is there an alternative way to backup my Power Church Data files in the meantime?

Thank you, Joy Ah Yee
What version of Powerchurch are you using? What version of WIndows? Did you copy that error message correctly as that does not appear to be a Powerchurch error, as far as I can tell.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.