V11.5 Back up to CD-RW

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

diane

V11.5 Back up to CD-RW

Post by diane »

When trying to perform Backup to CD-RW (formatted disc) and system asks that CD be inserted into Drive E (and Drive E is the only CD/DVD drive I have - yes I have verfied that it is DRIVE E) - I continue to get msg to insert disc into drive E and click OK to continue. (I have tried a couple of different discs and a DVD.) I know I can backup through Windows 7, but would like to be able to do so through PC+ as I was able to do when I had V9. HELP.

NeilZ

Re: V11.5 Back up to CD-RW

Post by NeilZ »

diane wrote:When trying to perform Backup to CD-RW (formatted disc) and system asks that CD be inserted into Drive E (and Drive E is the only CD/DVD drive I have - yes I have verfied that it is DRIVE E) - I continue to get msg to insert disc into drive E and click OK to continue. (I have tried a couple of different discs and a DVD.) I know I can backup through Windows 7, but would like to be able to do so through PC+ as I was able to do when I had V9. HELP.
A few questions:

Are you on the latest Maintenance Release of 9/26/2012. Just to make sure that the system is current.
Have you written to a CD in that drive previously ??

I have not heard of any changes that would cause a problem with Windows 7 and writing to a CD drive, however answering those questions may give a clue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

diane

Post by diane »

Yes, I do have the latest updates. I have written to this drive (backing up my new computer info) - but have not been able to backup PC+(neither V9 or now V11.5) through PC+ program ... since I recently purchased a new computer. I can only backup by copying the PC+ files on my computer and pasting them to the CD-RW.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

diane wrote:Yes, I do have the latest updates. I have written to this drive (backing up my new computer info) - but have not been able to backup PC+(neither V9 or now V11.5) through PC+ program ... since I recently purchased a new computer. I can only backup by copying the PC+ files on my computer and pasting them to the CD-RW.

Aha .. since you were not able to update using v9.0 either, I suspect that there is another issue. It could be that there is a resident program like Roxio that has sole control over the drive, and you may have to shut down that program to access. It could be a Windows 7 issue, in any case, this may be an issue you'll have to call Powerchurch support directly on as they'll need to talk to you to get some troubleshooting done.

If you've just updated to 11.5, then you should have the free support available if you have not used it under 11.5 before. If the problem is caused by a bug, then the support is not charged to your "free program support' period.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

diane

Post by diane »

Thank you for your help. I will contact PC+ and see what they can do for me. Have a great day.