Restore original File

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Restore original File

Post by dadcowell »

Hi,

I spilled some coffee on my laptop which rendered my keyboard unusable. The repair store created a backup of all my data files on an external hard drive.

I have reinstalled my powerchurch 11.5 on another computer and would like to access the data files but cannot seem to find them on the external hard drive (there are thousands of files on that drive). Can someone advise me on how to access them? Of course I can restore my back-up copy, but that is about one month old.

Bill

NeilZ

Re: Restore original File

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:Hi,

I spilled some coffee on my laptop which rendered my keyboard unusable. The repair store created a backup of all my data files on an external hard drive.

I have reinstalled my powerchurch 11.5 on another computer and would like to access the data files but cannot seem to find them on the external hard drive (there are thousands of files on that drive). Can someone advise me on how to access them? Of course I can restore my back-up copy, but that is about one month old.

Bill
The data files for Powerchurch are located under the \Powerchurch\PCPLUS115\DATA directory.
What I would do is copy the entire Powerchurch directory from the external hard drive, then reinstall Powerchurch to make sure the system registry is setup properly.

That said, the best way to restore data to Powerchurch is via a restore of the backup. Powerchurch 11.5 does have an automatic backup program that will do the backups for you. Its a good policy to do backups at least weekly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.