Export to Access exports nothing?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Pops

Export to Access exports nothing?

Post by Pops »

I am trying to export to Access. When I open the .MDB file that the export created, there are no tables or objects of any kind. It is an empty Access database. There is a security warning about disabled content. When I enable the content, still no luck. I have tried opening the .MDB file with a double click, starting Access then opening the .MDB from Access, and even importing from the PCPlus .MDB file into a new, empty Access database. Still, just an empty database.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am running PCPlus v11.1 with the latest maintenance release on a Windows 7 computer with MS Office 2007.

Pops

Re: Export to Access exports nothing?

Post by Pops »

Anyone have any thoughts?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Pops wrote:Anyone have any thoughts?
What area were you trying to export ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Pops

Post by Pops »

At first I tried just membership, then I tried everything. Still nothing.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Pops wrote:At first I tried just membership, then I tried everything. Still nothing.
OK .. this may seem a silly question, but .. you DO have full system admin access, right ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Pops

Post by Pops »

We don't have any users, privileges, or passwords established in PCPlus. As I understand it, when we use the program we are using it as System Administrator. Is that correct? Also, my Windows user ID is an administrator on my computer.

So, I think the answer to your question is, yes, unless there's something I'm missing.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Pops wrote:We don't have any users, privileges, or passwords established in PCPlus. As I understand it, when we use the program we are using it as System Administrator. Is that correct? Also, my Windows user ID is an administrator on my computer.

So, I think the answer to your question is, yes, unless there's something I'm missing.
Ok .. so anyone can access, change or delete everything in PCPlus ... very trusting. ;)

That said, the only thing that I can think of is that the data is exported in Access 2002/2003 format. Now Access 2007 should open it fine, unless you still have MS Office 2007 security measures in place:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb.php?id=79&type=1

If you have updated the registry to allow such access, then I think you should call Powerchurch support directly.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Pops

Post by Pops »

With only two users who both need full access, and just getting started on PCPlus, we haven't implemented system security yet. We'll be adding a user for contributions entry soon, which is when we'll set up security.

I'll check out that link you posted. However, I suspect I'll wind up having to call support. Since I first posted, I tried this on the host data set with the same results. It is a Windows XP machine with Office 2003. The first one I tried it on was my laptop with a separate install that I use for testing, etc. Both installs of PCPlus are the same as far as maintenance releases.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Pops wrote:With only two users who both need full access, and just getting started on PCPlus, we haven't implemented system security yet. We'll be adding a user for contributions entry soon, which is when we'll set up security.

I'll check out that link you posted. However, I suspect I'll wind up having to call support. Since I first posted, I tried this on the host data set with the same results. It is a Windows XP machine with Office 2003. The first one I tried it on was my laptop with a separate install that I use for testing, etc. Both installs of PCPlus are the same as far as maintenance releases.
That is definitely weird ... as I tested the export on my test machine, as well as our live network, and the export worked.

One last thing, this is on regluar PCPlus not Online, right ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Pops

Post by Pops »

Yes, it's PCPlus. Not the online version.

You reminded me of something. The first time I tried the export, it was from a client networked to the host. Since then, I've been trying it direct, not over the network. Surely that wouldn't have locked it up or something weird like that.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Pops wrote:Yes, it's PCPlus. Not the online version.

You reminded me of something. The first time I tried the export, it was from a client networked to the host. Since then, I've been trying it direct, not over the network. Surely that wouldn't have locked it up or something weird like that.
No, as I was able to do the export using a client. It does sound like there is a problem with your installation or something.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Pops

Post by Pops »

OK, thanks for your help. I'll contact Support when I get a bit of time I can work on it.

Pops

Post by Pops »

I just wanted to close this out with an update. Tech support helped solve the issue. I had to execute one of the programs in the install folder. It's now exporting to Access.