Changing a last name due to marriage

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Cherry Hill UMC

Changing a last name due to marriage

Post by Cherry Hill UMC »

Let's say I have a member named John Smith, who married Sue Jones who is not a member, but is in the database because she attends the church alot. Let's say they got married. How do I move Sue Jones to John Smith's profile, and change her last name to his?

NeilZ

Re: Changing a last name due to marriage

Post by NeilZ »

Cherry Hill UMC wrote:Let's say I have a member named John Smith, who married Sue Jones who is not a member, but is in the database because she attends the church alot. Let's say they got married. How do I move Sue Jones to John Smith's profile, and change her last name to his?
1. Move her PERSONAL PROFILE to John's Mailing List Profile, she will keep her original envelope number when its moved.
2. Edit John's Family Mailing List Address to list Mr & Mrs John Smith, or John & Sue Smith
3. Edit HER Personal Profile, and change the last name to Smith. If you maintain a spot for 'Maiden Name' somewhere on the Personal Profile, update that to Jones.
4. (Optional) if they will now be using only one envelope number, go into Contributions -> Reassign - Reassign an Envelope Number, and enter her old envelope number as the first envelope number to enter, then his envelope number as the second. (or vice versa) Just determine which one they wish to use first :)

If you're using v11.55, I'm fairly sure that when you move Sue's Personal Profile, it will ask you if you want to delete Sue's original Family Mailing List profile, you should click on yes. If it doesn't do that, or you're using an earlier version, go back and manually delete Sue's original Family Mailing List profile.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Cherry Hill UMC

Re: Changing a last name due to marriage

Post by Cherry Hill UMC »

thank you!! :D