Delete Members Vs Contributions

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Delete Members Vs Contributions

Post by dadcowell »

I'd like to delete all of our church members who have not given since say 1/1/2012. Is there a way to do this all at once or do I need to delete them one at a time? (I have already saved a back-up copy to disc for our archives).

NeilZ

Re: Delete Members Vs Contributions

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:I'd like to delete all of our church members who have not given since say 1/1/2012. Is there a way to do this all at once or do I need to delete them one at a time? (I have already saved a back-up copy to disc for our archives).
FWIW ... you need to retain information on contributions for at least 4 years, so if they gave in 2010 & 2011 you need to be able to have ready access, so if you need to you'll have to swap out your database for the backup. Also, if you move from a prior version say v10.4 to 11.5, you'd have to keep a copy of that version around.

That said, there isn't a 'mass delete' function for membership.

Exactly why are you cleaning up like this? Could you just not move them to a inactive member status, and move the envelope number to what I call an archive range of 4000??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

stjohn825

Post by stjohn825 »

Has there been any update on archiving membership since 2013?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jackiegriff02 wrote:Has there been any update on archiving membership since 2013?
Exactly what are you looking for?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.