Signature in emails

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tborgal

Signature in emails

Post by tborgal »

I am trying to put a signature created for Outlook into the email body when sending to a group. I was able to copy and paste the signature into the email using HTML but when I sent the email I got an error and the program crashed. Is this possible to do?
PC+ 11.55 on a Windows 10 machine with the latest MR.
Tom

NeilZ

Re: Signature in emails

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:I am trying to put a signature created for Outlook into the email body when sending to a group. I was able to copy and paste the signature into the email using HTML but when I sent the email I got an error and the program crashed. Is this possible to do?
PC+ 11.55 on a Windows 10 machine with the latest MR.
Tom, what's the error message ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

The error I get is:
Program: mailassist.OBULKMAIL.PARSEHTML
Line: 56
Error: 202

I am beginning to think I am trying to do something that just won't work. The signature is a graphic that was made up to use in Outlook and I am trying to copy and past it into the text body. Looks like V12 will resolve the problem since it looks like you can send a group email using the local mail client which would have the signature attached. I only have the demo right know so I can not test it here.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:The error I get is:
Program: mailassist.OBULKMAIL.PARSEHTML
Line: 56
Error: 202

I am beginning to think I am trying to do something that just won't work. The signature is a graphic that was made up to use in Outlook and I am trying to copy and past it into the text body. Looks like V12 will resolve the problem since it looks like you can send a group email using the local mail client which would have the signature attached. I only have the demo right know so I can not test it here.
Yeah,I have v12 here, and it does offer that option. What type of graphic is it?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Can't say for sure. Someone at the church made it up for each of the pastors, the secretary and me. I modified mine so it is a jpeg file but the secretary's is not. I can paste the jpeg file into the email in HTML format but it will not send. I will wait until we get v12 and see how that works. Preparing to change out the office computer so I have to wait until that is done.
Tom

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Also having some problems with my home computer not creating reports in V12. Will need to wait until that is resolved before I can move forward with the upgrade as well.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Also having some problems with my home computer not creating reports in V12. Will need to wait until that is resolved before I can move forward with the upgrade as well.
V12 has an updated Seagate Report Writer. What type of issues are you seeing with that?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Office products like Word and Outlook do a weird temp file thing with inline images and the file paths do not translate to use outside of Office. If you recreate that signature line in the PowerChurch e-mail editor, it will use actual file paths and you can save it as a template for use later.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Neil,
Tracy is working on the problem. Has to do with registering files.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Neil,
Tracy is working on the problem. Has to do with registering files.
Good ... if he can't figure it out, no one can.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.