All phone formats option

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

All phone formats option

Post by John Dykema »

Using PC+ v12.
I'm at "File/Preferences/System Setup Options/ Dates/Phones"
In the Phone Format option it lets us choose () -xxxx, or ..xxxx, or "As entered". We had it set to As entered.
There's also the option of Update All Phones.
Well, yesterday I was dealing with phones and noticed we had various formats in our database. I clicked the bubble by ..xxxx and clicked "Update All Phones". As soon as I did that I said "Duhh, not good". There is no Redo.
Then I also noticed that there is NO format option as --xxxx, like we typically use more recently, not the () -xxxx
Wondering why there is not an --xxxx format option?
Any way of changing all numbers from the ..xxxx to --xxxx format?

Thanks, John

NeilZ

Re: All phone formats option

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:37 am
Using PC+ v12.
I'm at "File/Preferences/System Setup Options/ Dates/Phones"
In the Phone Format option it lets us choose () -xxxx, or ..xxxx, or "As entered". We had it set to As entered.
There's also the option of Update All Phones.
Well, yesterday I was dealing with phones and noticed we had various formats in our database. I clicked the bubble by ..xxxx and clicked "Update All Phones". As soon as I did that I said "Duhh, not good". There is no Redo.
Then I also noticed that there is NO format option as --xxxx, like we typically use more recently, not the () -xxxx
Wondering why there is not an --xxxx format option?
Any way of changing all numbers from the ..xxxx to --xxxx format?

Thanks, John
Not programmatically. We just determined to let the system format the number, anything else would require a programming change. FWIW ... its that way in v14 also.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: All phone formats option

Post by Zorak »

I can't speak to why that option isn't there, but I can write up a suggestion for you. If the new phone format option is added at some point, it likely wouldn't be added to Version 12.