Omitting Deceased from Family Mailing List

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lreed

Omitting Deceased from Family Mailing List

Post by lreed »

I'm still rather new to PowerChurch, so hopefully someone out there can help. I'm trying to export a Family Mailing List to Excel, a full list of all active member families and their addresses. However, no matter what I try or what codes and categories I select or deselect, deceased members keep showing up in the exported list. Any suggestions on how to only get current, active members to show in the list? Thanks so much!

Zasalamel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Omitting Deceased from Family Mailing List

Post by Zasalamel »

The Deceased Status is generally a Personal Status. You could export from Personal Profiles, and exclude Deceased, but that doesn't necessarily sound like what you're trying to accomplish.

Another option (and it'll take a bit of work) would be to 1) make a backup, 2) move all deceased members out of their Family Mailing List profile, 3) create the export, 4) restore the backup to undo the changes.

NeilZ

Re: Omitting Deceased from Family Mailing List

Post by NeilZ »

lreed wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:32 pm
I'm still rather new to PowerChurch, so hopefully someone out there can help. I'm trying to export a Family Mailing List to Excel, a full list of all active member families and their addresses. However, no matter what I try or what codes and categories I select or deselect, deceased members keep showing up in the exported list. Any suggestions on how to only get current, active members to show in the list? Thanks so much!
Quick question. Are all the members of the family deceased? Is the "Include in membership module reports" checkbox still checked ?? It should not be, as that will exclude them from any Membership Module selections. The estate will get a final contribution statement as that's not governed by that checkbox.

One thing I do is change the Mailing Category to Deceased. It may be a personal status, but this keeps the records in Powerchurch, sync'd with the required denominational Membership Register that is kept separately. This may not apply to you, but its a good way to easily see why a 'family mailing list record' was excluded from reports. May be overkill .. but it has saved my bacon a few times :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.