What am I doing wrong?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

peabodyumc

What am I doing wrong?

Post by peabodyumc »

I am trying to find out who I have noted as deceased since the start of the year. I have to keep a membership audit and since I am new to PC+ I keep a separate Excel spreadsheet until I am familiar with the reports and what they can provide me.

So I want to know who i have noted in PC that has died since 1/1/05. I know of one woman who died in February. i have her record with a deceased date of 2/5/05 and I have her shown as deceased (rather than member, visitor, etc.). I chose the Selected Dates report from the Personal Profiles menu and put dates in the deceased field of 1/1/05 through 4/6/05. I get no records. At first I had her tagged but I went back and untagged her. Of course, there isn't an option for this report to display tagged or untagged so I don't think that made a difference. I can find nothing to indicate to me she shouldn't show up on this report.

What am I missing?

Laurie

NeilZ

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by NeilZ »

peabodyumc wrote:I am trying to find out who I have noted as deceased since the start of the year. I have to keep a membership audit and since I am new to PC+ I keep a separate Excel spreadsheet until I am familiar with the reports and what they can provide me.

So I want to know who i have noted in PC that has died since 1/1/05. I know of one woman who died in February. i have her record with a deceased date of 2/5/05 and I have her shown as deceased (rather than member, visitor, etc.). I chose the Selected Dates report from the Personal Profiles menu and put dates in the deceased field of 1/1/05 through 4/6/05. I get no records. At first I had her tagged but I went back and untagged her. Of course, there isn't an option for this report to display tagged or untagged so I don't think that made a difference. I can find nothing to indicate to me she shouldn't show up on this report.

What am I missing?

Laurie
A few things:

1. Make sure that on the family profile, you still have the 'include in membership reports' box checked.
2. If you don't have one, create a personal profile status code of Deceased, it'll make it easier to pull data, always better to have two items to pull data by, than one.

However, in this current case, I'd check the membership reports checkbox.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by jeffkoke »

peabodyumc wrote:I am trying to find out who I have noted as deceased since the start of the year. I have to keep a membership audit and since I am new to PC+ I keep a separate Excel spreadsheet until I am familiar with the reports and what they can provide me.

What am I missing?

Laurie
Laurie,

What I have done is use one of the dates in the personal profile for an indication of the deceased date.

When someone is promoted to heaven, I set the deceased date and change their membership status to 'former member.' As Neil has pointed out, you need to keep their family profile marked to include in membership reports, or they will disappear from any reports.

Once I have everything set up, I can run a custom report for deaths within a specific date range. I usually run it once per year.

On my monthly denomination report, I indicate (numerically) a death and deduct them from the total membership count.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

peabodyumc

Post by peabodyumc »

That was it. When she died I unchecked those three items -- include in mailouts, include in membership reports, etc. I checked the membership report and ran it for the code deceased since the first of the year and there she was! Now I need to go through everyone and make sure I put them back in. Didn't think about needing it for deceased as well as the living -- thought membership reports would just be current members.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Laurie

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

peabodyumc wrote:That was it. When she died I unchecked those three items -- include in mailouts, include in membership reports, etc. I checked the membership report and ran it for the code deceased since the first of the year and there she was! Now I need to go through everyone and make sure I put them back in. Didn't think about needing it for deceased as well as the living -- thought membership reports would just be current members.

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Laurie
I understand ... we have to do end-of-year reporting to the PCUSA, so we need to keep the 'membership reports' box checked until after that has been accomplished. Then we uncheck that box.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

updating deceased members

Post by Vwisner »

Where do you have membership status? Is that set up under one of the special need drop down headers?

I am a bit lost with this software.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

I have membership status in a several of places:

- I have renamed some of the date fields and labeled them:
Date joined
Date removed

- I also have personal status labels:
Member - Adult
Member - Child

Lastly, I have a family profile status indicating members (for mailings).

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."