Error - Visitations

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Error - Visitations

Post by lmconn »

Started receiving this error yesterday and not sure what to do about it. Not currently having trouble with it, but it was very consistent last night.

Working with Visitations under Family Profiles. After I would enter one or two, I would get the following error:
Program: FRM_AADA.VIADD
Line: 43
Error: 56
Message: There is not enough disk space for \\server1\powerchurch\pcplus115\data\vi.fpt.

It would lose the visitation record I had just tried to save. I would reopen PC, re-enter the visitation record, and then it would error out on the next record I tried to save.

Using PC 11.55, on a server (Windows XP), I was working on a workstation (Windows 8.1) connected via wifi to the server. I use this configuration all the time without issue. Just wondering if this is a known issue, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Re: Error - Visitations

Post by Tracy »

This error can be a little misleading. Sometimes it is really due to space. Sometimes it is because the connection to the data file has failed. It is possible the wi-fi connection was weaker due to some external influence (cordless phone, microwave running, etc...). When this happens glance at the wi-fi signal strength.
Tracy

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

If it is a weak wifi connection or interference, and you're connecting using Wireless G protocols, you may want to check to see if you can set your router to use channel 11. Most default to channel 6, which is close to the same frequency as wireless land line phones.

If you're connecting using Wireless N, then I would definitely check to see why there's a weaker signal than before.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

Okay, that makes more sense. I was on an extended network in a different part of the building, so I'm guessing being on a different router makes the file process a bit unhappy. Thanks!