Visitors

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

fgcctreasurer

Visitors

Post by fgcctreasurer »

I have just recently started entering attendance data into PowerChurch for our morning worship services. Often we have out-of-town visitors or other one-time visitors and we would like to know if there is a way to track those people. We often don't have names for those people and are simply looking for a total number attended for any given service. Is there a way to add a total # of visitors without adding a profile for each unknown person(s)?

Jen M.

NeilZ

Re: Visitors

Post by NeilZ »

fgcctreasurer wrote:I have just recently started entering attendance data into PowerChurch for our morning worship services. Often we have out-of-town visitors or other one-time visitors and we would like to know if there is a way to track those people. We often don't have names for those people and are simply looking for a total number attended for any given service. Is there a way to add a total # of visitors without adding a profile for each unknown person(s)?

Jen M.
Sorry, no. What is usually done is that most churches ask all members and visitors to sign a 'friendship' or 'pew' pad. This gives a way to track members, and get information on visitors so you can follow up.

If all you want to do is track numbers, we usually suggest the use of an Excel spreadsheet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lmconn

Post by lmconn »

If you want your PowerChurch number to be your actual attendance number with visitors, here's what I've done in the past.

I created a few Visitor Families, with multiple family members just named "Adult Male Visitor" "Adult Female Visitor" "Teen Male" "Child Female" etc.

Then when I did attendance, but couldn't get their names, I'd just pull in one of the visitor profiles and my count was still accurate.

Right now, we started doing a "welcome desk" and make sure we get visitor's names (we don't worry about address, phone number, etc., unless they volunteer it). We end up with a lot of visitor profiles, but we'll figure that one out later.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

An update since this is now 4 years old .. and the last post is no longer needed.

The Attendence Entry window in v12 of PCPlus now has a space where you can add an additional number to reflect the 'headcount' if it doesn't match was was entered on the 'Pew Pads' if used, or any type of sign-in through Powerchurch Check-In.

In this manner you can add to the count listed in Powerchurch. So if you had 95 people sign-in one way or another, but the head count was 103, you can enter '8' in the Additional Present Count box to show your actual attendance at the activity.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.