Couples with Different Last Names or Hyphenated Names

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

templebaptistoffice@gmail.com

Couples with Different Last Names or Hyphenated Names

Post by templebaptistoffice@gmail.com »

I am entering our membership into PCPLUS 11.55 and need to know what would be the best way to enter couples with different last names. The wife is the active member in the church.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TempleBC

NeilZ

Re: Couples with Different Last Names or Hyphenated Names

Post by NeilZ »

TempleBC wrote:I am entering our membership into PCPLUS 11.55 and need to know what would be the best way to enter couples with different last names. The wife is the active member in the church.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TempleBC
If the wife is the active member, use her name on the Mailing List record lookup, but in the address block, enter MR & Mrs John Smith, if you want, or just use the wife's name, Mrs. Jane Smith-Jones., or Jane Jones.

Add the spouse as a Family Group Member using his last name in the Personal Profiles, but use the active member as the 1st entry in the list of Personal Profiles for the family.

Does this help ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CUUCSW

Post by CUUCSW »

What is the best way to enter the names when both parties of a couple are active members?
I have Mr. Jones married to Ms. Smith.
I'm able to search and find Mr. Jones, but I cannot find Ms. Smith. The only way to find her info is to "just know" that she is married to Mr. Jones and to look him up and then find her info under his as "family member". I have several couples like this.

Luckily, I work at a small church, so I am able to memorize most of the couples, but there should be an easier way. :)

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The best way to find an individual person is to get used to looking up Personal Profiles instead of the Family Mailing List record.

So, when you're looking under the Family Members tab on the Integrated Data Entry screen, click the Locate Profile button found below the family members list and you will be looking at individual people rather than family names.