"Lost" Family

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MessiahLutheranGalva

"Lost" Family

Post by MessiahLutheranGalva »

I have one household that should not be printing for mailings but nothing I have done stops it. In fact, the family doesn't even print in the proper alphabetical location on a label sheet. The household name starts with "N" and they print in the middle of the "L's". The household status has been made Dismissed/Transferred as well as each personal profile under the household. When labels are set up that status is excluded but the household still prints. I've even Tagged the household and the profiles in it and exclude tagged files when I run labels and they still print. Likewise all of the household's records are checked to not be included in mailings. Additionally, when I preview reports of Dismissed/Transferred status that household does not show up in the listing. They don't show up in a listing of all files either. How do I fix the problem? They have asked to not receive mailings. I'm running PowerChurchPlus 10.4. HELP!

NeilZ

Re: "Lost" Family

Post by NeilZ »

MessiahLutheranGalva wrote:I have one household that should not be printing for mailings but nothing I have done stops it. In fact, the family doesn't even print in the proper alphabetical location on a label sheet. The household name starts with "N" and they print in the middle of the "L's". The household status has been made Dismissed/Transferred as well as each personal profile under the household. When labels are set up that status is excluded but the household still prints. I've even Tagged the household and the profiles in it and exclude tagged files when I run labels and they still print. Likewise all of the household's records are checked to not be included in mailings. Additionally, when I preview reports of Dismissed/Transferred status that household does not show up in the listing. They don't show up in a listing of all files either. How do I fix the problem? They have asked to not receive mailings. I'm running PowerChurchPlus 10.4. HELP!
Have you done a Reindex lately? Usually this fixes some weird occurances as there.

Since you say that the records are check not to be included in mailings, I'm assuming that the 'Include in Membership Reports' is also UNCHECKED.

Let me know what happens after the reindex, and if the checkbox was indeed unchecked.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Are you printing labels from Personal Profiles or from Family Mailing List?

If printing from Personal Profiles, are you choosing to print one label per household?

What is the sort order you choose when printing the labels?

MessiahLutheranGalva

Zorak wrote:Are you printing labels from Personal Profiles or from Family Mailing List?

If printing from Personal Profiles, are you choosing to print one label per household?

What is the sort order you choose when printing the labels?
I print labels from Family Mailing List. I select "not tagged", deselect "deceased" and "dismissed/transferred", print in alphabetical order, but run sorted by three zip code ranges.

MessiahLutheranGalva

NeilZ wrote:
MessiahLutheranGalva wrote:I have one household that should not be printing for mailings but nothing I have done stops it. In fact, the family doesn't even print in the proper alphabetical location on a label sheet. The household name starts with "N" and they print in the middle of the "L's". The household status has been made Dismissed/Transferred as well as each personal profile under the household. When labels are set up that status is excluded but the household still prints. I've even Tagged the household and the profiles in it and exclude tagged files when I run labels and they still print. Likewise all of the household's records are checked to not be included in mailings. Additionally, when I preview reports of Dismissed/Transferred status that household does not show up in the listing. They don't show up in a listing of all files either. How do I fix the problem? They have asked to not receive mailings. I'm running PowerChurchPlus 10.4. HELP!
Have you done a Reindex lately? Usually this fixes some weird occurances as there.

Since you say that the records are check not to be included in mailings, I'm assuming that the 'Include in Membership Reports' is also UNCHECKED.

Let me know what happens after the reindex, and if the checkbox was indeed unchecked.
Thanks, Neil, for the recommendation but reindexing did not correct the problem. I just ran reindex on the Membership file and a print preview run of mailing labels still includes them as in the past. None of the boxes are checked for this family, including "Include in Membership Reports".

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

MessiahLutheranGalva wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

Thanks, Neil, for the recommendation but reindexing did not correct the problem. I just ran reindex on the Membership file and a print preview run of mailing labels still includes them as in the past. None of the boxes are checked for this family, including "Include in Membership Reports".
Are you sure there are no duplicate family records in this system for this family?? A space before a name in the Family Key will cause this.

Try this, backup the database. DELETE the record from the Integrated Maintenance screen, this should then delete all the personal records too.

Then try to run the labels and see what happens. If you still get the label, there's a dupe someplace. If you don't, then you may need to call Powerchurch as your database sounds like it was corrupted. In either case, restore the backup you just took.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

NeilZ wrote:

Also ... do a COMPLETE database reindex of ALL the database. It doesn't hurt to do the entire system.

Are you sure there are no duplicate family records in this system for this family?? A space before a name in the Family Key will cause this.

Try this, backup the database. DELETE the record from the Integrated Maintenance screen, this should then delete all the personal records too.

Then try to run the labels and see what happens. If you still get the label, there's a dupe someplace. If you don't, then you may need to call Powerchurch as your database sounds like it was corrupted. In either case, restore the backup you just took.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

MessiahLutheranGalva

By screen previewing various reports I have finally identified there is, at least, a second family record for this "lost" family. By running the "All Families by Mailing Category" report I have discovered another family record with a different member category and a slight variance in the address. Strangely enough, the record that prints on the labels did not even appear in the report under any member category. Also, apparently both family records print in the "L's" rather than "N's" as they should, but no extra spaces or unusual characters appear in the printed records. Any idea how to locate this family record that I most recently discovered? Any "find" or "locate" search I have done takes me to the record that does print on labels. I don't see a way to search on the address which has a unique variable in it.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

MessiahLutheranGalva wrote:By screen previewing various reports I have finally identified there is, at least, a second family record for this "lost" family. By running the "All Families by Mailing Category" report I have discovered another family record with a different member category and a slight variance in the address. Strangely enough, the record that prints on the labels did not even appear in the report under any member category. Also, apparently both family records print in the "L's" rather than "N's" as they should, but no extra spaces or unusual characters appear in the printed records. Any idea how to locate this family record that I most recently discovered? Any "find" or "locate" search I have done takes me to the record that does print on labels. I don't see a way to search on the address which has a unique variable in it.
It does sound like your database has been corrupted in some way. I'm afraid that the only way to fix this is by calling the Powerchurch support line, as the method to fix this would be beyond a forum type of communication.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.