Print half page directory on both sides

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Print half page directory on both sides

Post by dadcowell »

Is there a way to prepare and print a 1/2 page directory alphabetically on both sides of the paper? For example in Power Church 11.5, I prepare a 20 page directory with pictures. In the past, I have printed it and then individually cut the 8/11 papers in half, so that page 4 follows page 3 which follows page two which follows page 1.

What I'd like to do is print that same directory on both sides of the paper. So, if you fold the 8/11 sheets in half in a booklet and staple the pack together all would be sequential. The only way I can see that working is if directory page 20 is on the other half of the sheet that has page one. On the other half of the sheet that holds page 2 might be page 19 etc. I may have the number combination wrong but you get the idea.

Can that be done in Power Church in some way including a custom query? If not, do you think it can be done by exporting to excel or word or pdf?

Bill

NeilZ

Re: Print half page directory on both sides

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:Is there a way to prepare and print a 1/2 page directory alphabetically on both sides of the paper? For example in Power Church 11.5, I prepare a 20 page directory with pictures. In the past, I have printed it and then individually cut the 8/11 papers in half, so that page 4 follows page 3 which follows page two which follows page 1.

What I'd like to do is print that same directory on both sides of the paper. So, if you fold the 8/11 sheets in half in a booklet and staple the pack together all would be sequential. The only way I can see that working is if directory page 20 is on the other half of the sheet that has page one. On the other half of the sheet that holds page 2 might be page 19 etc. I may have the number combination wrong but you get the idea.

Can that be done in Power Church in some way including a custom query? If not, do you think it can be done by exporting to excel or word or pdf?

Bill
I don't believe that is a internal capability of Powerchurch. As far as exporting it to Word, I have a good feeling that it will lose some formatting as it saves in the older Word format.

Not sure if you can do this via a custom report either.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ekwihs

Post by ekwihs »

I have the same issue. The content print ok in alphabetic order. For me I'd be happy in the page number was not printed.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, PowerChurch Plus is not able to print a true booklet order Church Directory. If your printer is capable of two sided printing and booklet order collation, you may have better luck printing one of the other layouts of church directory, like the large print layout that was added in Version 12, shrunken two per page, two sided printing, in booklet order. Otherwise, the half page layout would need to be printed, cut, and manually arranged in booklet order.