Historical Committee member tracking

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

tcasterline

Historical Committee member tracking

Post by tcasterline »

I'm new to PowerChurch. We'd like to be able to track a member's historical service on various committee or boards. How do others do this in PowerChurch? The manual indicates that Activities (and Skills) is the place to do it. However, once someone leaves a committee, that Activity is deleted (per the manual). Then there is no longer a record of that person having served. There is a "start date" but no "end date". The only thing I can think is to add another Role called "Inactive" and change their Role to "Inactive" when there service has ended, thus keeping a record that they served previously but are no longer active on that committee. Have others come across this issue and how have you resolved it? Thanks, Tom Casterline, Middleburg Heights (Ohio) UCC.

NeilZ

Re: Historical Committee member tracking

Post by NeilZ »

tcasterline wrote:I'm new to PowerChurch. We'd like to be able to track a member's historical service on various committee or boards. How do others do this in PowerChurch? The manual indicates that Activities (and Skills) is the place to do it. However, once someone leaves a committee, that Activity is deleted (per the manual). Then there is no longer a record of that person having served. There is a "start date" but no "end date". The only thing I can think is to add another Role called "Inactive" and change their Role to "Inactive" when there service has ended, thus keeping a record that they served previously but are no longer active on that committee. Have others come across this issue and how have you resolved it? Thanks, Tom Casterline, Middleburg Heights (Ohio) UCC.
There is a function under Activities & Skills called Maintain Offices Served. You can use that to track their service. This function is covered in the PCPlus v11.55 manual (both the printed, and the PDF version found in the Powerchurch\PCPLUS115 directory) on page 100.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jbuck

Post by jbuck »

Am I right in saying there's no way to view offices served from the person record? Can you only see it in reports? I'm finding that counterintuitive. When I look up a parishioner I'm looking for the 'story' of their time at this church, and it's not practical for me to pull an 'offices served' report every time, on the off-chance they're on it.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jbuck wrote:Am I right in saying there's no way to view offices served from the person record? Can you only see it in reports? I'm finding that counterintuitive. When I look up a parishioner I'm looking for the 'story' of their time at this church, and it's not practical for me to pull an 'offices served' report every time, on the off-chance they're on it.
In versions 11.5 and 12, there is a function under the Activities & Skills menu called Maintain Offices Served. If you created 'Activities' for the offices in your church, for example Elders and Deacons, the dates when a person served in those offices would be entered here. This also gives you a single place where you can see where they have served.

Of course, that presupposes that this is updated when they begin and end their times of service.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.