update member pics

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BethelTN

update member pics

Post by BethelTN »

PC 11.55
Windows 7

A few years ago we did a pictorial church directory using Powerchurch. It worked great. We are currently updating the directory and I have the new pictures in a file on my computer (JPEG) but try as I might I can't get them into Powerchurch.
When I click "change picture" I get this windows message:
OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from Itocx11n: LEAD Error: Invalid file format..
CANCEL IGNORE HELP
If I click cancel PC shuts down
If I click ignore the box closes and the change picture box opens. I click "import new picture" - find the file on my computer - click on the picture, but nothing happens. The box just stays blank.
Any ideas?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: update member pics

Post by Zorak »

That error has happened in the past when there are permissions issues on the Pictures folder in the PowerChurch Plus program directory. To check this, on the server/host computer, get to the Desktop. Click the right mouse button on the PowerChurch icon. Choose Properties. Toward the bottom left, click "Open File Location".

This will open the directory where PowerChurch Plus is installed. Scroll up to the top and you should see the "Data" folder. Open that and inside is the "Pictures" folder. Click the right mouse button on the Pictures folder, choose Sharing or Sharing & Security. Make sure that the folder is marked to be shared on the network and that users are allowed to change your files. If you can access the advanced sharing properties, make sure that every user and group on the list is give "Full Control" permissions of this folder.