Excusing People

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

harvestlife

Excusing People

Post by harvestlife »

If you have multiple services happening simultaneously, is there a way to automatically excuse people who are present in one service, from attending another service. For instance, I would like to excuse from the adult service, any person who is marked present in a children's service. I cannot simply remove them from the adult activity, because they are on rotation, and are only in the children's service every other week. Please help!

NeilZ

Re: Excusing People

Post by NeilZ »

harvestlife wrote:If you have multiple services happening simultaneously, is there a way to automatically excuse people who are present in one service, from attending another service. For instance, I would like to excuse from the adult service, any person who is marked present in a children's service. I cannot simply remove them from the adult activity, because they are on rotation, and are only in the children's service every other week. Please help!
They are members of the activity, but unless you mark them present, they should not be reflected as attending.

Perhaps I'm not understanding how you are using the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

NeilZ wrote:
harvestlife wrote:If you have multiple services happening simultaneously, is there a way to automatically excuse people who are present in one service, from attending another service. For instance, I would like to excuse from the adult service, any person who is marked present in a children's service. I cannot simply remove them from the adult activity, because they are on rotation, and are only in the children's service every other week. Please help!
They are members of the activity, but unless you mark them present, they should not be reflected as attending.

I would like for people who are members of the adult service, yet serving on a given Sunday in kids ministry, to be marked as "excused" in the adult service attendance. This would help me to not recognize kids ministry workers as absentees in the adult service.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

harvestlife wrote:
NeilZ wrote:

I would like for people who are members of the adult service, yet serving on a given Sunday in kids ministry, to be marked as "excused" in the adult service attendance. This would help me to not recognize kids ministry workers as absentees in the adult service.
Well, there is the option to mark the people with an 'E' for a day ahead of time, but there's no way to do it on a regular basis automatically.
If you have a monthly schedule you can do that for the month. When you enter the actual attendance for the activity, the system will tell you that attendance was already entered, you can just ignore that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.