Create Limited Family Update Form

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Create Limited Family Update Form

Post by dadcowell »

Happy New Year
I'd like to include an information update form in the annual tax mailing.
Your Family Update form is fine, but it includes information that I don't need or want to present:ie whether the person is divorced, their birthdays, etc. The only fields that I want updated are: Name, address, phone, mobile phone and email addresses for each member of the household.

If I have to, I can export the family information to excel and then create individual worksheets for each member. Under that scenario, however, I don't see a way to export, personal email addresses or personal mobile phone numbers.

I use the updated Power Church 11.

Can you help?

NeilZ

Re: Create Limited Family Update Form

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:Happy New Year
I'd like to include an information update form in the annual tax mailing.
Your Family Update form is fine, but it includes information that I don't need or want to present:ie whether the person is divorced, their birthdays, etc. The only fields that I want updated are: Name, address, phone, mobile phone and email addresses for each member of the household.

If I have to, I can export the family information to excel and then create individual worksheets for each member. Under that scenario, however, I don't see a way to export, personal email addresses or personal mobile phone numbers.

I use the updated Power Church 11.

Can you help?
Um ... there are two version 11s, 11.1 and 11.55.

The personal information included in the v11.55 update form includes the personal email address, and allows you to include a bunch of different phone numbers. However, you can't exclude the dates (birthday or anniversary) nor the marital status. Yet you can export it to an Excel or RTF file and edit each form.

That would be very labor intensive. The PCPlus v12 version of the report does give some additional options, including emailing the form directly to the recipients, but the information you want to exclude is still a standard part of the report.

FWIW .. this is the type of information most churches maintain, which is why its a standard part of the report.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dadcowell

Re: Create Limited Family Update Form

Post by dadcowell »

Thanks for your response.

I do have v 11.55. Although I think all of the categories can be useful to some users, might I suggest that a future version make all categories optional?