Membership totals

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

TimD

Membership totals

Post by TimD »

I want to get only the membership number totals for 2017, no names. I've tried it using the profile count by status code but it won't give me an option for putting in a date or year. Our yearly report starts with the membership at the end of 2016 then adding new members by transferring in or baptism, subtracting members transferring out, deceased members during the year and members removed as inactive. Thus giving us the membership total at the end of 2017. I'm sure other churches need to have this information but am curious as to how they get it. Can you help?

NeilZ

Re: Membership totals

Post by NeilZ »

Linda W wrote:I want to get only the membership number totals for 2017, no names. I've tried it using the profile count by status code but it won't give me an option for putting in a date or year. Our yearly report starts with the membership at the end of 2016 then adding new members by transferring in or baptism, subtracting members transferring out, deceased members during the year and members removed as inactive. Thus giving us the membership total at the end of 2017. I'm sure other churches need to have this information but am curious as to how they get it. Can you help?
Linda,

There are a few ways to do this, but this does require that any transfers or members who passed in previous years have the Include in membership module reports be unchecked. You could run a few reports:

1. Run the Profile Count report, and if you have previous year's (2016 and earlier) losses with the "include in reports" unchecked, you can use the numbers in the Include in Reports column for members which should be good. This also assumes you've changed those who have died to a profile status of 'deceased' or similar. Inactive members the same way, by subtracting he 2016 number from the 2017 number of profiles.
2. You can then use Selected Names report using the 'Gain' date to select those who were added this past year, hopefully you have created a set of codes that will allow you to filter who you added by "baptised" or "Transferred".

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TimD

Re: Membership totals

Post by TimD »

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give it a try.