Mass update Member status

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

yaregal

Mass update Member status

Post by yaregal »

Is there a way to mass update the profile personal status of member's in powerchurch.

We have a lot of personal profiles whose status shows as "Members- Active". However, these members had not been active for such a long time and did not contribute. We did not clean up our profile status for long time and now we want to move the non active members status from "active" to "non- Active"

Is there an easy way to do this instead of changing each profile personal status one person at a time?

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Mass update Member status

Post by NeilZ »

yaregal wrote:Is there a way to mass update the profile personal status of member's in powerchurch.

We have a lot of personal profiles whose status shows as "Members- Active". However, these members had not been active for such a long time and did not contribute. We did not clean up our profile status for long time and now we want to move the non active members status from "active" to "non- Active"

Is there an easy way to do this instead of changing each profile personal status one person at a time?

Thanks
In a word .. No.

It may take some time, but at the same time this gives you the opportunity to update anything else such as the Mailing List Profile status if you're listed them as Member-Active on that profile, and any other information.

Of course, it may also be a good time to see when was the last time they attended and contributed to the support of the church, as they may qualify to be moved off the rolls entirely. There is the Personal Profiles Non-active report that can be used to determine the last time people attended (if you maintain attendance data in Powerchurch) and the last time they contributed. Its well worth the time to use that to determine how long they have not done either.

Some thoughts about this:

Some denominations have guidelines about how to determine 'active' vs. 'inactive' status, but a good rule of thumb is:

1. If they moved out of state. Time to get them off the rolls. They should be attending a local church, and not be listed at the one they moved away from.
2. If they have not attended in 3 or more years. Time to get them off the rolls.

Bottom line, membership has its privileges, but it also has its responsibilities: to be involved with the life of the congregation, and to support the work of the Body with tithes, time and talents.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

Yes! This "personal status mass update" would be amazing! I am in the same boat... I have printed the inactive profiles and have 30 pages of profiles to change the status of now. :wall:

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

Another thing I saw mentioned was an "auto status update" based on attendance/contributions! Where the user can select and date (ex. 12 months) and anyone who's inactivity hits that custom time frame automatically has their personal status updated to a one of the many status options (ex. non-member inactive).

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Version 12 got us a little closer to this functionality. You can now at least update all family members' Personal Status at once from the Integrated Data Entry screen. There is an "Edit Personal Statuses" button underneath the Mailing Category field now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45PQQmKsQW0

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

harvestlife wrote:Yes! This "personal status mass update" would be amazing! I am in the same boat... I have printed the inactive profiles and have 30 pages of profiles to change the status of now. :wall:
What that tells me is that it hasn't been done before. The good news is that once you get this done, you do it monthly and it won't get away from you in the future.

I would rather not have any 'automatic' updating as that assumes all situations are the same, and they're not.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.