Church directory problem

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FPC Lancaster

Church directory problem

Post by FPC Lancaster »

I have an entry showing up in the church directory that I cannot find a personal profile for. It has something like "Smith, Jane - see Anderson, Holly." I need to delete it but cannot find where it is to delete it. I would think there would have to be a Personal Profile with this information in it but cannot find this information in any of the Personal Profiles set up. What file does the Church Directory report obtain its information from? Thanks, Phil

NeilZ

Re: Church directory problem

Post by NeilZ »

FPC Lancaster wrote:I have an entry showing up in the church directory that I cannot find a personal profile for. It has something like "Smith, Jane - see Anderson, Holly." I need to delete it but cannot find where it is to delete it. I would think there would have to be a Personal Profile with this information in it but cannot find this information in any of the Personal Profiles set up. What file does the Church Directory report obtain its information from? Thanks, Phil
Do you have the checkbox for Print extra listing for spouses with different last names checked ??

What is supposed to happen is that the spouse with a different last name will get a separate line in the directory, that will send them to the main family name.

So if you have Mr. Bob Jones, and his spouse Ms Sara Smith, you would see two entries.

The first would look like:

Jones, Mr. Bob, & Smith, Ms Sara
with all the family information, such as address, phone numbers, kids, etc.

Then you would see under the 'S' names

Smith, Ms Sara - see Jones, Mr. Bob

Normally the spouse is determined by the SEQuence number of the personal profiles. Which personal profile can't you find??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FPC Lancaster

Post by FPC Lancaster »

NeilZ,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That solved the problem. We just unchecked the box for "Print extra listing for spouses with different last names" and the incorrect entry for the Church Directory disappeared from the report. We never would have figured that out. Thanks again. Phil N

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FPC Lancaster wrote:NeilZ,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That solved the problem. We just unchecked the box for "Print extra listing for spouses with different last names" and the incorrect entry for the Church Directory disappeared from the report. We never would have figured that out. Thanks again. Phil N
Good to hear .. you may still want to find those personal profiles, and change the sequence number of the person listed as Jones, Mary - See ... . I suspect if you find that 'Mary Jones', she'll have a sequence number of 2 !!
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.