Directory Modification

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Directory Modification

Post by dadcowell »

I just prepared, printed and distributed a classic church directory with pictures. I printed it on both sides of the paper and ended up with 14 sheets (28 pages) of members. I have names, phones, addresses, emails for all members and photos for about 70-80 percent of them.

Here is my problem: I left someone out. I have their info, but did not code them properly and therefore they did not get included. Quality control did not catch my error. (Oh, I am also quality control). The missing person's last name starts with the letter c , so they would be fairly close to the beginning of the directory. When I include their info, it moves everyone who is alphabetically after that person to a new physical spot in the directory, (one person further to the right).

I would like to fix it, but don't want to reprint, collate, and redistribute a 28 page directory to about 150 people. What I'd like to do is somehow squeeze the missing information onto its proper alphabetic sequence and redistribute one or two pages.
Is there a way to do that in Power Church? Can I manipulate margins for example in PC?

Bill

NeilZ

Re: Directory Modification

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:I just prepared, printed and distributed a classic church directory with pictures. I printed it on both sides of the paper and ended up with 14 sheets (28 pages) of members. I have names, phones, addresses, emails for all members and photos for about 70-80 percent of them.

Here is my problem: I left someone out. I have their info, but did not code them properly and therefore they did not get included. Quality control did not catch my error. (Oh, I am also quality control). The missing person's last name starts with the letter c , so they would be fairly close to the beginning of the directory. When I include their info, it moves everyone who is alphabetically after that person to a new physical spot in the directory, (one person further to the right).

I would like to fix it, but don't want to reprint, collate, and redistribute a 28 page directory to about 150 people. What I'd like to do is somehow squeeze the missing information onto its proper alphabetic sequence and redistribute one or two pages.
Is there a way to do that in Power Church? Can I manipulate margins for example in PC?

Bill
Unfortunately, the only way you could possibly do that is to save it to Word, while that will work, it will only work to a point. There's no guarantee that you'll maintain the format.

My advice, create a page with the missing information, and title it 'Errata', and send it out to everyone asking them to add it to the back of the book, or insert it between the Cs and Ds.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dadcowell

Re: Directory Modification

Post by dadcowell »

Thanks Neil,
Adding a page to the back seems like the best option.
Bill