Police background check bug?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jbuck

Police background check bug?

Post by jbuck »

I'm running PC+ 11.55 on Windows 7. I'm exploring the new police background check function. I've added people to activities and checked off that the activities require police background checks.

I've added about sixty background check dates to personal profiles. However, the background check fields aren't appearing on the profiles of an apparently random group of four people. They have definitely been added to various groups that definitely require checks.

I've tried restarting, in case it's an issue with my computer or a lag in updating the profile, but no luck. Is this a bug?

NeilZ

Re: Police background check bug?

Post by NeilZ »

jbuck wrote:I'm exploring the new police background check function. I've added people to activities and checked off that the activities require police background checks.

I've added about sixty background check dates to personal profiles. However, the background check fields aren't appearing on the profiles of an apparently random group of four people. They have definitely been added to various groups that definitely require checks.

I've tried restarting, in case it's an issue with my computer or a lag in updating the profile, but no luck. Is this a bug?
Have you done a reindex of the database? This sometimes clears up issues like this. I'm assuming you've upgraded from a version earlier than 11, since the background check was added in that series.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jbuck

Post by jbuck »

Didn't work! Too bad, it sounded like it might. Any other suggestions?
Thank you!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jbuck wrote:Didn't work! Too bad, it sounded like it might. Any other suggestions?
Thank you!
I can't imagine why it works for some, and not for others. These 4 records have nothing in common, and have all been assigned to activities that other profiles have the background checks show up? You do have the latest Maintenance Release, dated 06/19/2018 installed?

I'll flag this for one of the main techs to look at.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jbuck

Post by jbuck »

NeilZ wrote:These 4 records have nothing in common
Nothing obvious, at least! Different mailing and personal statuses, etc.
NeilZ wrote: and have all been assigned to activities that other profiles have the background checks show up?
Exactly.
NeilZ wrote: You do have the latest Maintenance Release, dated 06/19/2018 installed?
I'm going to double-check that - I was used to getting the weekly updates automatically, but I'm on a different computer now. However, I did check this issue on our system administrator's computer and account, and she's having the same issue, so that doesn't seem like a likely cause?

Thanks so much for looking into this!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jbuck wrote:
NeilZ wrote:These 4 records have nothing in common
Nothing obvious, at least! Different mailing and personal statuses, etc.
NeilZ wrote: and have all been assigned to activities that other profiles have the background checks show up?
Exactly.
NeilZ wrote: You do have the latest Maintenance Release, dated 06/19/2018 installed?
I'm going to double-check that - I was used to getting the weekly updates automatically, but I'm on a different computer now. However, I did check this issue on our system administrator's computer and account, and she's having the same issue, so that doesn't seem like a likely cause?

Thanks so much for looking into this!
FWIW .. if your system is networked, and it sounds like it is, then you're running the program from the shared drive, once the MR is applied, its applied to all systems. The only notice you will get as a 'client' is a quick notice that the system is updating some 'local' files.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The setting is "Adults in this activity require a background check". Starting with the maybe not so obvious cause of the problem...

Are those four people marked as Adult: "Y"? If they have birth dates recorded, PowerChurch will flip the Adult field to Yes automatically at a certain age.

If there isn't a birth date assigned, then you would have to set it manually.

jbuck

Post by jbuck »

Resolved! Still not entirely sure why.

Upon logging in to check the issue today, two of the people were not marked as adults - and thank you, I hadn't really considered the cause and effect there. I'll keep that in mind in future. (By the way, what is the age of adulthood in the system? Is it set somewhere in preferences, or is it in the code?)

The other two had already been marked as adults, but now had the PBC fields, too.

I shrug- it's mysterious, but it's fixed. Thanks so much, Neil!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jbuck wrote:Resolved! Still not entirely sure why.

Upon logging in to check the issue today, two of the people were not marked as adults - and thank you, I hadn't really considered the cause and effect there. I'll keep that in mind in future. (By the way, what is the age of adulthood in the system? Is it set somewhere in preferences, or is it in the code?)

The other two had already been marked as adults, but now had the PBC fields, too.

I shrug- it's mysterious, but it's fixed. Thanks so much, Neil!
You can set what age someone is considered to be an adult under the FILE -> PREFERENCES -> PERSONAL PROFILES on the dates tab, which is the first tab that appears. You can set the age there (defaults to 18), and the system will calculate their age and 'toggle' the Adult? flag to Y when they hit that 18th birthday. Of course, you have to have a full birth date entered; using the 'unknown' year workaround of month/day/9999 will not allow the system to trigger that setting.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.