Getting folks off the consecutive absentee report

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GraceAdmin

Post by GraceAdmin »

We have some folks that I have taken off the list of attenders for our worship service but they still show up on the consecutive absentee report. If I have taken this activity code off their personal profile why do they keep coming up as absent? Now I still have to go through the report and manually remove them before sending it out. Can anyone help?

texasjack

Post by texasjack »

What you have to do to get them off is go into the personal profile of the individual, click on attendence, and delete individually every single entry. If you have more than one item, you can use the filter and tell it to show only the item you're interested in.

I'm a retired computer programmer who made a lot of money doing the same type of programming that's used for Power Church. When you delete someone from the list of attenders, the programmers should have a box to check indicating whether you want to delete the attendance data for that item. They didn't do it for some reason.

The report is obviously compiled from those little entries without regard to whether you've removed someone from the List of Attenders.

At this moment, I'm once again going through and removing all attendance data from a bunch of people who have moved on to another church. It's enough to make you scream.

THE GOOD NEWS: Once you've deleted the attendance data in the personal profile, they'll disappear from your absentee report forever.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

From what I can see in the tests that I have run, you may not need to delete that person's attendance history.

If you run the report for a date range where they don't have the defined number of consecutive absences, then they won't show on the report.

Meaning: If a member has been consistently absent for all of March through May, so you remove them from the activity, when you run a Consecutive Absentees report for March through May, they will show. If you run the report for June, they won't be on it, because they don't meet the criteria of three (or however many you choose) consecutive absences.

In this example, if you wanted to run the report for March through May, they would show, because they were actually absent in those periods.

In this case, you would need to delete the Attendance records. The problem of them being listed on the report, however, will take care of itself in time.

texasjack

Absentee Report

Post by texasjack »

I keep attendance records for over a year - to show the pastors & elders how long some folks have been absent. That's a long time to wait for someone to come off a report.

It's a flawed report - people should not show up if they're not on the list of attenders - and it should be easy to fix.

Jack

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Absentee Report

Post by Zorak »

texasjack wrote:It's a flawed report - people should not show up if they're not on the list of attenders - and it should be easy to fix.
I will forward your suggestion to Program Development!