Emailing Directory address

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dadcowell

Emailing Directory address

Post by dadcowell »

I have created an activity called Email Directory and have populated it with about 50 members.

When I'm done, that list will be used to send a directory to the email address for each of the 50.

My question is: when I create the directory and select Email to my "Email Directory" activity list, what email will it select. Will it use the personal email address for the family member selected or will it use the family email address or will it send to both?

The reason I ask, is because when I print out a report of all "Email Directory" members listed, both of the addresses are on the report. I would have expected that only the personal email address would be used.

NeilZ

Re: Emailing Directory address

Post by NeilZ »

dadcowell wrote:I have created an activity called Email Directory and have populated it with about 50 members.

When I'm done, that list will be used to send a directory to the email address for each of the 50.

My question is: when I create the directory and select Email to my "Email Directory" activity list, what email will it select. Will it use the personal email address for the family member selected or will it use the family email address or will it send to both?

The reason I ask, is because when I print out a report of all "Email Directory" members listed, both of the addresses are on the report. I would have expected that only the personal email address would be used.
I'm fairly sure the system will use the email on the personal profile, unless there is none, then it will use the one on the Mailing List Profile. You can test this by creating an email using that activity, and proceed to the point where the system offers you a chance to see the list of email addresses its about to send to.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

dadcowell

Re: Emailing Directory address

Post by dadcowell »

OK, thanks,
I'll give it a try.