Update Information from Spreadsheet

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

pjones

Update Information from Spreadsheet

Post by pjones »

I just took over for our church and our membership data is not up to date in our system. several years worth of items are not updated. Also, things like phone numbers have no area code in over half of our members. I exported the data to a spreadsheet. Can I update the data on the spreadsheet and then import to update? Otherwise I have to touch each record in the database to make corrections.

Is that the only way to update records?

pjones

Re: Update Information from Spreadsheet

Post by pjones »

There is not an update import feature in Power Church.

NeilZ

Re: Update Information from Spreadsheet

Post by NeilZ »

pjones wrote:I just took over for our church and our membership data is not up to date in our system. several years worth of items are not updated. Also, things like phone numbers have no area code in over half of our members. I exported the data to a spreadsheet. Can I update the data on the spreadsheet and then import to update? Otherwise I have to touch each record in the database to make corrections.

Is that the only way to update records?
Second message:
pjones wrote:There is not an update import feature in Power Church.
No, there is no import feature for Personal Profile updates, the only import is for Mailing List profiles as that is a primary record, all the others are child records off of the primary records. Each has an internal index, and that index is normally not known by the user.

It may take some time to update, but in the end you can make any other correct or addition to each record as needed.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.