Need to create a simple phone list

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Trina

Need to create a simple phone list

Post by Trina »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help our Parish Administrator create a list of names with associated house and cell phone numbers. She wants no other information so I can't use the Church Directory reports. She also doesn't have time to go through and 'mark' each entry she wants printed. We created a Custom Report in the Personal Profiles section but for some reason the record filter isn't including everyone. (We checked to make sure the missing records should have been caught.)

She'd like something like this:

NAME HOUSE PHONE CELL PHONE
Smith, John 555-555-1234 555-555-2345
Smith, Mary 555-555-1234 555-555-2345

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Trina

NeilZ

Re: Need to create a simple phone list

Post by NeilZ »

Trina wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help our Parish Administrator create a list of names with associated house and cell phone numbers. She wants no other information so I can't use the Church Directory reports. She also doesn't have time to go through and 'mark' each entry she wants printed. We created a Custom Report in the Personal Profiles section but for some reason the record filter isn't including everyone. (We checked to make sure the missing records should have been caught.)

She'd like something like this:

NAME HOUSE PHONE CELL PHONE
Smith, John 555-555-1234 555-555-2345
Smith, Mary 555-555-1234 555-555-2345

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Trina
Are you sure the 'missing' records are exactly the same as the others? The filters should not exclude records if they match the selection criteria, and have all the other data required.

Also, why doesn't the Personal Profile Selected Names, Addresses and Phones report not do what you want? You don't have to print the addresses, plus you get a choice of phone numbers to include.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Trina

Re: Need to create a simple phone list

Post by Trina »

Hi Neil,

Thank you for commenting on my question. The filter is the word 'definite', and the missing records have it (all lower case). But as you suggest, maybe there is other data missing from the records that aren't included. I will look at them.

"Also, why doesn't the Personal Profile Selected Names, Addresses and Phones report not do what you want? You don't have to print the addresses, plus you get a choice of phone numbers to include."

I'll look at that report. Thanks so much, Neil!

Trina