Bulk Email from PC

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jaclyn01

Bulk Email from PC

Post by jaclyn01 »

I was trying to send out a bulk email today and was having difficulties. Even though the test works when I send an email I get an error message - 550 access denied invalid HELO. It says that you should contact your email provider to make sure that you have the correct outgoing mail server. Our email provider is gmail but I don't believe the issue is with them. Can someone help?

NeilZ

Re: Bulk Email from PC

Post by NeilZ »

jaclyn01 wrote:I was trying to send out a bulk email today and was having difficulties. Even though the test works when I send an email I get an error message - 550 access denied invalid HELO. It says that you should contact your email provider to make sure that you have the correct outgoing mail server. Our email provider is gmail but I don't believe the issue is with them. Can someone help?
I'm going to assume that you're using regular Powerchurch, and not PCPlus Online. If you have Online, it may be better for you to call them direct.

A “550 Access Denied – Invalid HELO name” SMTP error usually occurs when the SMTP Domain configured as part of an email sender's identity does not match the senders email address.

What is the email address you're using to send emails? Is it a @gmail.com address?

Make sure that you have your Email setup as described in this Knowledgebase article:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/434 ... owerchurch
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.