Problem with an email record

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

John Dykema

Problem with an email record

Post by John Dykema »

We use Win 7, PC+ Program date 12/06/2016
We email our Prayer Line out 4 days a week and it's been running very well to over 100 addresses. About 2-3 weeks ago we started getting email from mailer-daemon@comcast.net (our service) saying Delivery to the following....failed- i.e. abcde@yahoo.com.
I checked his Personal Profile record and his contact tab record has abcde@comcast.net. So, I went to Family Mail List/Maintain .... and found that he had a abcde@yahoo.com address in the Family email field. So, I deleted that Family email field but we are still getting this email from Comcast every time we mail out.
What puzzles me is that he's had this Family email address for a long time without any problems. Could that yahoo address be buried in the record somewhere? Please advise.

NeilZ

Re: Problem with an email record

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:We use Win 7, PC+ Program date 12/06/2016
We email our Prayer Line out 4 days a week and it's been running very well to over 100 addresses. About 2-3 weeks ago we started getting email from mailer-daemon@comcast.net (our service) saying Delivery to the following....failed- i.e. abcde@yahoo.com.
I checked his Personal Profile record and his contact tab record has abcde@comcast.net. So, I went to Family Mail List/Maintain .... and found that he had a abcde@yahoo.com address in the Family email field. So, I deleted that Family email field but we are still getting this email from Comcast every time we mail out.
What puzzles me is that he's had this Family email address for a long time without any problems. Could that yahoo address be buried in the record somewhere? Please advise.
I would check the other personal profiles under the family. FWIW .. I seem to remember that the system logic is if you're sending out emails from the Family Mailing List it will use what is on the family mailing list profile first, then the personal profile.

The other problem may be that he's FORWARDING the comcast.net to the Yahoo.com email. However, without the full error message, we can't be sure why its failing. If you can, copy and paste that entire return message here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

NeilZ wrote:The other problem may be that he's FORWARDING the comcast.net to the Yahoo.com email.
This is a common problem, we get tons of bounced/undeliverable messages for e-mail addresses that aren't on our list when sending out Maintenance Release announcements and Newsletters here. Some e-mail services providers offer a free forwarding service from your old e-mail address.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Neil, I did notice that this single father's son also had his father's email address in his PP record. I doubt is that is as it should be so I deleted his son's email address. We'll run another mailing next Monday and we'll see if that will or won't correct the problem.
I do have all the email with the error message but can I email that to you directly rather than on this forum? For privacy, I don't care to expose his email address to all the readers that look at it.
John

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:Neil, I did notice that this single father's son also had his father's email address in his PP record. I doubt is that is as it should be so I deleted his son's email address. We'll run another mailing next Monday and we'll see if that will or won't correct the problem.
I do have all the email with the error message but can I email that to you directly rather than on this forum? For privacy, I don't care to expose his email address to all the readers that look at it.
John
John,

just edit out any email addresses from the text, you can leave the server information as that's needed, but take out any email address other than the church's. This way the Powerchurch techs can see the headers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

John Dykema

Post by John Dykema »

Neil, You nailed it on the head.
Just to let you know the mystery is solved. This member was forwarding from his comcast address to the yahoo address. Problem was that the yahoo was deleted a couple weeks ago and that's when the problem started.
Thank you for your ideas.
John

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

John Dykema wrote:Neil, You nailed it on the head.
Just to let you know the mystery is solved. This member was forwarding from his comcast address to the yahoo address. Problem was that the yahoo was deleted a couple weeks ago and that's when the problem started.
Thank you for your ideas.
John
Always ready to assist.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.