Absentee Report - Duplicate Absentees

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

harvestlife

Absentee Report - Duplicate Absentees

Post by harvestlife »

Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer to my question, since I believe it is a simple fix, but have found no mention of the issue.

When I run the "Absentee Report" I enter the following parameters:
Dates: 04/29/2019 to: 05/07/2019
Activities from: 7 to: 10
Activity depts: ALL
Activity types: ALL
Who Visits: ALL
Visit Areas: ALL

Personal Status: (All Selected)
Member - Active
Member - Inactive
Non-Member - Active
Non-Member - Inactive
Visitor
<None>

(x) Print Contact Information
(_) Produce separate reports for each activity

Sort Options:
(x) Alphabetical
(_) Visit Area
(_) Who Visits

Inevitably, each week I get a few duplicate names listed. Out of 20+ returns, 3 or 4 names will be on the report twice. It is the same names every week. But I cannot figure out why these people come up twice on the report. It's not a big deal, but still quite annoying when sending the report to my pastor every week. Is there a fix for this? While it is only a few names now, I am concerned about having to manually remove these duplications in excel each week as we grow and our numbers increase.

NeilZ

Re: Absentee Report - Duplicate Absentees

Post by NeilZ »

harvestlife wrote:Hello,

I have searched the forums for an answer to my question, since I believe it is a simple fix, but have found no mention of the issue.

When I run the "Absentee Report" I enter the following parameters:
Dates: 04/29/2019 to: 05/07/2019
Activities from: 7 to: 10
Activity depts: ALL
Activity types: ALL
Who Visits: ALL
Visit Areas: ALL

Personal Status: (All Selected)
Member - Active
Member - Inactive
Non-Member - Active
Non-Member - Inactive
Visitor
<None>

(x) Print Contact Information
(_) Produce separate reports for each activity

Sort Options:
(x) Alphabetical
(_) Visit Area
(_) Who Visits

Inevitably, each week I get a few duplicate names listed. Out of 20+ returns, 3 or 4 names will be on the report twice. It is the same names every week. But I cannot figure out why these people come up twice on the report. It's not a big deal, but still quite annoying when sending the report to my pastor every week. Is there a fix for this? While it is only a few names now, I am concerned about having to manually remove these duplications in excel each week as we grow and our numbers increase.
Try running the report with separate reports for each activity .. see what that shows.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

Ok, I selected "run separate reports for each activity" and in the resulting reports I check the normally duplicated names, which appeared on 2 of the 3 separate reports, against another name which is not a duplicate, but also appeared on 2 of the 3 separate reports. So in short, whether the member was absent from a single activity or multiple activities does not effect whether they are duplicated on the combined report. I have also compared these two individual profiles and cannot find any differences that should cause one to be duplicated and the other to not. :wall:

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

harvestlife wrote:Ok, I selected "run separate reports for each activity" and in the resulting reports I check the normally duplicated names, which appeared on 2 of the 3 separate reports, against another name which is not a duplicate, but also appeared on 2 of the 3 separate reports. So in short, whether the member was absent from a single activity or multiple activities does not effect whether they are duplicated on the combined report. I have also compared these two individual profiles and cannot find any differences that should cause one to be duplicated and the other to not. :wall:
Any other ideas?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Have you verified that there aren't actual duplicate profiles in PowerChurch?

Take a look under Membership > Personal Profiles > Maintain Personal Profiles. Use the Locate button to bring up one of the people you are seeing duplicated in the list. See if they are also duplicated in the Locate list.

If so, you can use the Merge Duplicate Profiles utility found under Membership > Personal Profiles > Setup to merge the two profiles together without losing any info.

harvestlife

Post by harvestlife »

Sorry for just now getting back to you, this has been a crazy month. Yes, I have ensured there are no duplicate personal profiles.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you like, you can send in a Membership files backup and we'll have a look. You can make the backup in PowerChurch by going to Utilities > Backup & Restore. Choose Backup Files. On the next screen, choose Membership files. Lastly, when prompted for the location to save the backup, choose Folder then click the Choose Folder button and browse to a location on your computer that will be easy for you to find, like Desktop or Documents. When the backup process is complete, there will be a new file in that location called PCBACKUP...ZIP with the date and time coded into the filename.

Visit https://www.powerchurch.com/data and fill out the form there with your registration number and contact info. Also, in the field that asks why you are sending in data, please specify the activities in question and an example or two of the duplicate people we need to be looking for. At the bottom of the form is a Select Files button. Click that and browse to the location of the saved backup file. When you submit the form, you will see a progress bar as the file uploads, then the page will refresh letting you know the process is complete.