Making Mailing Labels (and including opt-out members)

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Welcome@FCCEJ

Making Mailing Labels (and including opt-out members)

Post by Welcome@FCCEJ »

Hello friends,

Power Church v 11.55 for Windows 6.01 here.

I scoured the website for "mailings"-related messages but couldn't find an answer to my question:

I am trying to create a .csv file containing mailing addresses for all active "members" and "non-members", and most importantly, I have to include members whose profiles have the "include in mailouts" box Unchecked but without re-checking their boxes. Yes, it sounds counter-intuitive. I want over one hundred mailing-opt-out members to appear with the mailing-opt-in members on a mailing list. This is because my church runs a Stewardship Drive annually, so we MUST send mail to all active members and non-members who typically don't want mail. For the rest of the year, we want to respect the members wishes, so they remain "opted out" to not receive non-Stewardship mailings.

Is this possible?

Special note: I have limited administrative access, so I cannot utilize the "Contributions" options in Power Church.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Making Mailing Labels (and including opt-out members)

Post by Zorak »

You can use the Export Data utility in Family Mailing List > Other Output, which will create one record per household and ignores the Include in Mailouts option.

There is also an Export Data utility in Personal Profiles, but that would be one record per person, so multiple individuals in a household would get the mailing instead of being grouped.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... there is a better way to 'opt out' people without having to use the Include in mailouts checkbox to filter out different types of mailings. You may want to think about using this in future.

On the Family Mailing List record you have three additional user defined code slots. You could use one of those as a "Mail Code" to filter out records from different types of mailings.

For instance, we have our's setup so we could filter out records that have had mailings returned by the PO for some reason, to filter out stewardship/pledge type mailings, etc.

You can then use that to create a 'Mail Merge File' (CSV) file then select (or unselect) those mail codes you do or do not want to get a mailing. This will also work for any mailing labels you may need in future.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Welcome@FCCEJ

Post by Welcome@FCCEJ »

Thank all of you kindly for your prompt replies! Zorak's suggestion answered my question!