Eliminate erroneous info when adding persons

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

sonyatch

Eliminate erroneous info when adding persons

Post by sonyatch »

When adding new members/non-members, my drop down boxes have a lot of erroneous info or incomplete info. Is there a way to delete this info and leave only what is useful? Thank you!

NeilZ

Re: Eliminate erroneous info when adding persons

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:When adding new members/non-members, my drop down boxes have a lot of erroneous info or incomplete info. Is there a way to delete this info and leave only what is useful? Thank you!
I'm not sure if some of the data you see are some of the default entries that come with the program or not.

You can modify them to your use, they are completely user adjustable.

Under Membership -> Family Mailing List -> Setup -> Maintain Custom Codes. Same under Personal Profiles, you can edit, remove, add whatever you need for your congregation.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

I'm referring to situations such as a City Name was entered as a partial or misspelled or a wrong state or a partial zip code. These items make the drop down menu quite long and I would like to delete those that are not useful to make entry easier.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:I'm referring to situations such as a City Name was entered as a partial or misspelled or a wrong state or a partial zip code. These items make the drop down menu quite long and I would like to delete those that are not useful to make entry easier.
Ah ... I remember this was answered a few years ago, but I've forgot what the answer was. I'll flag the techs for this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

When you reindex the data files, there is a routine that goes through and cleans up those autocomplete lists, taking off the -1234 from the end of Zip codes, etc. If you have partial or misspelled city names assigned in the database, they will still show up in the autocomplete list.

That would be a good indication after reindexing that there are still families with those problem values assigned.

You can reindex by going to Utilities > Reindex. Choose to reindex all files.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

Thank you, I tried the reindexing and it did not remove the partials.

It would be great, if it is easier to include as an option, to wipe out all of the drop down info and let you start over.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

sonyatch wrote:Thank you, I tried the reindexing and it did not remove the partials.

It would be great, if it is easier to include as an option, to wipe out all of the drop down info and let you start over.
The point was that the data you see in that list is data taken from existing records, which means that you have records in the database with those misspellings.

If you do a quick 'custom report' to pull those records up, you can correct them. Once you do that, then reindex, you won't see the misspellings. It really is up to the user to insure the data is correct.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

sonyatch

Post by sonyatch »

Thank you!