Changing activites on one person

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

beymerchurch

Changing activites on one person

Post by beymerchurch »

Scenario: today XXXX is chairperson on the Fellowship Committee
6 months from now XXXX will change from chairperson to a member for the same committee.

Question: do I just "edit" the activity from chair person to member? if so, will XXXX's history of being chairperson be lost?

Scenario: YYYY is the chairperson of the finance committee however; YYYY is also a Members-2021 on the same committee. It seems I can't enter this activity twice under the same person/committee.

Question: How can I show that YYYY is both Chair and Members-2021?

NeilZ

Re: Changing activites on one person

Post by NeilZ »

beymerchurch wrote:Scenario: today XXXX is chairperson on the Fellowship Committee
6 months from now XXXX will change from chairperson to a member for the same committee.

Question: do I just "edit" the activity from chair person to member? if so, will XXXX's history of being chairperson be lost?
Yes ... however, you may want to check the 'Maintain Offices Served' function, you can create a 'chair' for each committee and track that there. This is also used to track elders and deacons, and their terms of service on the church board, or Deacon's board.
Scenario: YYYY is the chairperson of the finance committee however; YYYY is also a Members-2021 on the same committee. It seems I can't enter this activity twice under the same person/committee.

Question: How can I show that YYYY is both Chair and Members-2021?
You need to create a separate activity for this 'members-2021' group.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.