Clearing Mailing Categories

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

greenvillecob

Clearing Mailing Categories

Post by greenvillecob »

I have inherited a database full of years of bad data. I am working hard to clean up this list, but it is challenging when I can't do any "blanket" changes. I would like to delete all 600 mailing category assignments and start over, but I can't figure out a way to do this without going record by record.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I can export the Family data to Excel and do it that way, but there's no way to overwrite the families that are currently there, just add more. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thanks in advance!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Clearing Mailing Categories

Post by Zorak »

To clean up Mailing Categories (and any other custom codes) go to Membership > Family Mailing List > Setup and choose Maintain Custom Codes.

Select a Mailing Category option from the list and click Delete. It will ask what you want to do with the X families that have that code assigned. You can assign a different value, or leave them with <None>.

greenvillecob

Re: Clearing Mailing Categories

Post by greenvillecob »

Zorak wrote:To clean up Mailing Categories (and any other custom codes) go to Membership > Family Mailing List > Setup and choose Maintain Custom Codes.

Select a Mailing Category option from the list and click Delete. It will ask what you want to do with the X families that have that code assigned. You can assign a different value, or leave them with <None>.
You are my superhero today!!! I hadn't realized I could do it that way.