What to do when members get married?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Melanie

What to do when members get married?

Post by Melanie »

Our church has a lot of young couples that are engaged, or become engaged. Is there a way to merge their records once they get married? (membership, contributions, etc.)

Thanks!!

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

They'll probably need a new family mailing list (since they're a new family), and you can then move their profiles out of their parents' family, into their new family. Integrated Data Entry is the easiest place to do that.

Once they are in the same family, they can share an envelope number, if that's what they choose to do.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Melanie

Post by Melanie »

Thanks for your reply!

Do you have any recommendations regarding envelope numbers and posting contributions once they get married? Do you recommend "picking" one and posting all contributions to that person? And, once I close out the year, will I be able to delete one of the envelope numbers so that they are both giving under one number?

I hope that makes sense.

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

If you combine both profiles into the same family you will have 2 profiles under the same family. Lets say for example sake one has envelope number 1 and the other #2, if you go to Contributions and reassign an envelope number, change 1 to 2 (or vice versa) and all givings under 1 will now be under 2 and both profiles will have the same envelope number.

Melanie

Post by Melanie »

OKey Dokey, I'll try that. I'm not sure I completely understand, but I'll try it and if it doesn't work, I'll be back! :)

Thanks so much for your help! :)