Errors when sending bulk email

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

BrianShoe

Errors when sending bulk email

Post by BrianShoe »

Running PowerChurch 12.2, locally installed (i.e. not PCPlus Online).
We have CONSIDERABLE trouble when sending email message to a group. We recently upgraded to ver 12.2, and at least all the messages get processed - but a significant number just don't get sent.
In a test the other day, out of 100 messages sent, 80 were listed on the Sent Status report ast "Error within Socket Connect: Connection rejected". In a test immediately after that, sending to 22 of those which failed the first time, 12 went out and 10 still reported the "Socket connect" error.
Our ISP is Comcast. I suspect this problem is related to the speed of sending the emails (and the fact that they're allowed to throttle connection speed now that Net Neutrality is repealed - GRRRR).
I know where to access the email sending parameters - number per group, pause between messages, pause between groups, and maximum number per X minutes. Has anyone else (a) had a problem similar to ours, and (b) found values of those parameters that help so that PowerChurch actually succeeds in sending all the emails?
Brian Shoemaker
First Parish Unitarian Universalist
Canton MA

NeilZ

Re: Errors when sending bulk email

Post by NeilZ »

BrianShoe wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:48 am
Running PowerChurch 12.2, locally installed (i.e. not PCPlus Online).
We have CONSIDERABLE trouble when sending email message to a group. We recently upgraded to ver 12.2, and at least all the messages get processed - but a significant number just don't get sent.
In a test the other day, out of 100 messages sent, 80 were listed on the Sent Status report ast "Error within Socket Connect: Connection rejected". In a test immediately after that, sending to 22 of those which failed the first time, 12 went out and 10 still reported the "Socket connect" error.
Our ISP is Comcast. I suspect this problem is related to the speed of sending the emails (and the fact that they're allowed to throttle connection speed now that Net Neutrality is repealed - GRRRR).
I know where to access the email sending parameters - number per group, pause between messages, pause between groups, and maximum number per X minutes. Has anyone else (a) had a problem similar to ours, and (b) found values of those parameters that help so that PowerChurch actually succeeds in sending all the emails?
Comcast has a very stringent 'SPAM' policy which has been in place for a long time, not sure if it affects business customers or not. I would set the value to 10 messages every 10 minutes. DO NOT change the advanced parameters. Let us know if that works.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.