Fast Data Entry - Cumbersome

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wh7262

Fast Data Entry - Cumbersome

Post by wh7262 »

I know the program supposedly makes it easy to do attendance through the fast data entry where you can set a default attendance status, and then just change the status where appropriate. ie. You can specify "present" for everyone and just change the handful of people who were absent to "absent.

So why do I have to start all over for each class? Why not have the ability to select which activities to choose from, for an example: our Sunday School Classes have been assigned activity numbers from 101 to 199. I would like to be able to select any combination or all and specify "present" then go done the list and mark the absentees and etc.

Can you put this on a wish list that is needed now??
New Hopewell Baptist Chuch
Gilmer, TX 75645
http://www.churchseek.net/church/newhopewell/index.htm

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Currently there is no way to do what you describe. PowerChurch does track it first based on the activity/skill code so that is the reason you have to pick that group and date at the beginning. The easist work around I can see would be to go to Attendance and Quick Menu and pull the quick menu up(it is dockable so move it where ever you want it) and then after entering information for one activity and saving it, you have the link back to Fast Data Entry right there.

I am not sure what sort of change could be made to that so it can still accurately track the information but your suggestion is noted and program development will take a look at that for a future revision.