Totally Delete a Person from the Database

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

wh7262

Totally Delete a Person from the Database

Post by wh7262 »

I was having a problem deleting someone from the database the other day. I fought with it for several days. Then I happened to find a possible reason as to why this person was not being entirely deleted.

First I had seen where a person was being listed twice in the Attendance Report when running the Attendance Register Form. So I went back and through "Integrated Data Entry" found the person and "Delete" that person.

Ran the Attendance Register Form again and sure enough the person was now being shown only once. Now why, since I had deleted this person? Anyway I needed to get the report printed in time for SS class.

Went home and thought about it, read the book again, still did find the real answer. Went back to church, looked over the program, sure enough the person was deleted from the "Integrated Data Entry". Reran the report in preview mode and the person was still showing up. Pulled a few more hairs out and decided to do Maintain Attendance Data and some people who were not being marked as attending.

Low and behold, there was the "deleted person" still being shown as having attending classes. Once I deleted all of his attendances, he was not to be found anywhere in the database or reports.

So the question is this; when one wants to delete a person/s, do they need to use both the "Maintain Attendance Data" and the "Integrated Data Entry" process in order to really and truly delete a record/s or is there another process?

Thanks
Bill in East Texas
New Hopewell Baptist Chuch
Gilmer, TX 75645
http://www.churchseek.net/church/newhopewell/index.htm

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

If you are seeing duplicates on the attendance register form then it sounds like you have duplicate profiles. Integrated Data Entry looks at family records first and formost. To find the duplicated profile go to Personal Profiles and Maintain personal profiles, click locate and you should be able to find your duplicate there.

For further assistance feel free to call our technical support office at (800)486-1800.