Creating Email Directory

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

carpy01

Creating Email Directory

Post by carpy01 »

Thank you for all your help in the past.
I have two new questions:

I'm confused about the use of having the email address on the Integrated Form. I don't understand the need for it?
When I ran an Email Directory for our church all I got were email in the Person Profile Form. None of the Integrated
Records emails showed up. In order to fix this I put the address in the Personal Profile Form.
It appears now, what I have to do is to put all the addresses in the ME table (Person Profile Form). And give these
instructions to Data Entry.

So I don't understand the reason for email on Integrated Form. The Demo program show an example where an
address was put in the MA table with Family added to the address (create a new email for family only).
My question is, am I understanding this correctly?

Second Question: I was asked to generate an email list for all the women in the church. I can't figure out to do this
with PCP query (custom report).
Can you help me with this?

I exported all the tables to ACCESS and accomplished the task in about 30 minutes, using m / f field. However I would rather do with
PCP if possible.

I would like to learn how to use PCP query build better. Being able to query data is one of the real strengths of a database.
Do you offer any type of further instructions on how to use the feature?

Again thank you for all your past help.

Dave Carpenter.

NeilZ

Re: Creating Email Directory

Post by NeilZ »

carpy01 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 pm
Thank you for all your help in the past.
I have two new questions:

I'm confused about the use of having the email address on the Integrated Form. I don't understand the need for it?
When I ran an Email Directory for our church all I got were email in the Person Profile Form. None of the Integrated
Records emails showed up. In order to fix this I put the address in the Personal Profile Form.
It appears now, what I have to do is to put all the addresses in the ME table (Person Profile Form). And give these
instructions to Data Entry.

So I don't understand the reason for email on Integrated Form. The Demo program show an example where an
address was put in the MA table with Family added to the address (create a new email for family only).
My question is, am I understanding this correctly?
The email address on the Mailing List Profile (which is the first you see on the 'integrated form') is the MAIN email profile. Many families just want to get church emails at one email address. So you use this one.

The Personal Profile will contain any personal email addresses that each family member uses. This is why they have the checkbox to select whether or not the Mailing List entered email and/or the personal emails get church sent emails.
Second Question: I was asked to generate an email list for all the women in the church. I can't figure out to do this
with PCP query (custom report).
Can you help me with this?

I exported all the tables to ACCESS and accomplished the task in about 30 minutes, using m / f field. However I would rather do with
PCP if possible.

I would like to learn how to use PCP query build better. Being able to query data is one of the real strengths of a database.
Do you offer any type of further instructions on how to use the feature?

Again thank you for all your past help.

Dave Carpenter.
You can definitely do this in the custom reports module. The full description of how to do this is beyond this reply, but this Knowledgebase article can give you some of the basics and you can adapt this to change the filtering requirements.

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/133 ... occupation

However the Personal Profile Email Directory will do this much easier. However, it presupposes that you have each personal profile's gender entry set properly

When you open the Personal Profile Email Directory report, you will get a Selection Criteria window. There you can select entries to filter by. One is the GENDER entry where you would enter an F. Of course you would also select the Personal Status of Member to only pull the members information.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.