Email contribution statement default to checked

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ShirleyH

Email contribution statement default to checked

Post by ShirleyH »

When entering a new family the Email contribution statement checkbox is defaulting to checked. We require the member to give permission in writing to receive emailed contribution statements. In addition to the Membership Secretary, families may be added by the person entering contributions or the volunteers entering attendance. I am having trouble getting everyone to uncheck the box so I have to run the report before sending statements to see who has been added to the list and update them. I found the setting on the Personal Profiles Setup>General tab that makes it default to unchecked on the personal profile. However, if the Family Mailing List>Contact tab has it checked, the statement will go to the family email. I cannot find a place to set a default of unchecked on the Family Mailing List. Does it exist?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Email contribution statement default to checked

Post by Zorak »

Version 12 of PowerChurch Plus added a setup option for the default email privacy settings. You can specify the default value (checked or unchecked) for the Include in bulk mailings, Unlisted, and Email Contribution Statement settings.

To see a list of other features added in Versions 12 and 12.2, visit https://www.powerchurch.com/changes

ShirleyH

Post by ShirleyH »

Thank you. I was afraid of that. We are still on 11.5 so I guess the answer is there is no way to set the default.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

ShirleyH wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:45 pm
Thank you. I was afraid of that. We are still on 11.5 so I guess the answer is there is no way to set the default.
Unfortunately no ... I would seriously consider upgrading to v12, as there are a lot of value added features that have been included. The upgrade is only $159.00 for the download file. I would get full media (CD & Printed Manual) edition at $179.00.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.