Merging members together as a married couple

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FirstMOBC

Merging members together as a married couple

Post by FirstMOBC »

Hello
I need to merge a couple together that just remarried and became members. They have separate envelopes numbers. They both attended as visitors prior to remarrying and becoming members. Can someone give me directions. I see that I can merge duplicates but no direction on how to merge a couple.
Margaret Allen

NeilZ

Re: Merging members together as a married couple

Post by NeilZ »

FirstMOBC wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:50 pm
Hello
I need to merge a couple together that just remarried and became members. They have separate envelopes numbers. They both attended as visitors prior to remarrying and becoming members. Can someone give me directions. I see that I can merge duplicates but no direction on how to merge a couple.
1. Move the one of the spouses to one Family Mailing List record so that they show in the Family Member's List (if they have children on the old Mailing List record move them later). Make sure that the spouse has Directory Sequence number 2. If you have to change existing personal profiles to do this, change those existing profiles to clear up number 2 PRIOR to moving the Spouse's record.

Directory Sequence listing '2' shows that they are spouses.

2. If they are keeping their old envelope numbers, you're done. If they want to merge them, figure out which number they want to keep, and then use the Merge Envelopes function in Contributions to do that.

3. I don't know what version of Powerchurch you're using, but version 12 should ask you if you want to delete the Mailing List profile when you're moving the Personal Profiles and there's only one (or your moving the last one). If not, delete the old Mailing List profile.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

We are using version 12.2 online
Margaret Allen

FirstMOBC

Post by FirstMOBC »

Thank you it worked.