Printing mailing labels

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

dpetherbridge

Printing mailing labels

Post by dpetherbridge »

I'm trying to print mailing labels for members-active, non-members-active.

It doesn't print all those people. I think it is because in the non-printed ones, their profile doesn't have "include in mail-outs" checked. Normally we don't mail to those that we can email, but in this case we want to mail to the above categories.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
Dan

NeilZ

Re: Printing mailing labels

Post by NeilZ »

dpetherbridge wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:38 pm
I'm trying to print mailing labels for members-active, non-members-active.

It doesn't print all those people. I think it is because in the non-printed ones, their profile doesn't have "include in mail-outs" checked. Normally we don't mail to those that we can email, but in this case we want to mail to the above categories.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
Dan
The include in mailouts is a requirement for any record to show up on a mailing label printout, I'm fairly sure it also affects any creation of a Mail Merge file.

How are you emailing people? If you do it from Powerchurch, it does have the capability that when you create the email, the system will also create mailing labels, a report, or no further processing for those who don't have an email address. You should be using the include in bulk mailings setting to eliminate mailing list records if you really need to, not the include in mail-outs setting.

I'd check all the Mailing List records that are missing and check that box.

FWIW ... I have only unchecked that box when a family has been removed from the rolls for one reason or another and want no further contact, or if they have moved out of the area and have joined another congregation.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.