Update Contacts to Outlook - Contact Location?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Ronz

Update Contacts to Outlook - Contact Location?

Post by Ronz »

I have been trying PC's Update Contacts to Outlook (Microsoft365), but I don't quite understand where contact list it goes to. I don't want it to merge with the contact list I have. How can I control what contact list it goes to? Can I create a empty contact list that would except the contacts from PC? It would work if a new contact list was created and then I could just delete the old ones.
Ron Zastovnik
Memorial UMC
Clovis CA
Ron Zastovnik
Memorial United Methodist, Clovis, CA

NeilZ

Re: Update Contacts to Outlook - Contact Location?

Post by NeilZ »

Ronz wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:42 pm
I have been trying PC's Update Contacts to Outlook (Microsoft365), but I don't quite understand where contact list it goes to. I don't want it to merge with the contact list I have. How can I control what contact list it goes to? Can I create a empty contact list that would except the contacts from PC? It would work if a new contact list was created and then I could just delete the old ones.
Ron Zastovnik
Memorial UMC
Clovis CA
The program will export to the main Contact list in Outlook usually called CONTACTS. What you should do is create a new 'folder', move all the contacts in the main CONTACT 'folder' to the new one, then do the update from Outlook. I don't believe you can 'rename' the main Contacts folder so that's not an option.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.