Import from Access to Membership?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

auntpenn

Import from Access to Membership?

Post by auntpenn »

I have membership information i.e. names and addressess in an Access Database file. Is it possible to import this information to Membership so I don't have re-enter it all manually? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Import from Access to Membership?

Post by NeilZ »

auntpenn wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:44 pm
I have membership information i.e. names and addressess in an Access Database file. Is it possible to import this information to Membership so I don't have re-enter it all manually? If so, how would I go about doing it? Thanks!
There is an import facility that you could use, but it only covers the Mailing List profiles, that is the main record containing the mailing address (IE: name, street address, City, State, Zip) Any other information, such as membership status, birth date, membership date, etc cannot be imported.

However, Powerchurch offers a data conversion service that could do that if you have such individual personal data. I'd call them directly for more info on that.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

auntpenn

Post by auntpenn »

The mailing list profiles are the only information I have currently in the Access database. We are a relatively new church. Just names and mailing addresses are all I need to import.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

auntpenn wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:32 pm
The mailing list profiles are the only information I have currently in the Access database. We are a relatively new church. Just names and mailing addresses are all I need to import.
In that case, you should be able to export that data to a comma separated values (CSV) files to the format as required. If you're using PCPlus v12.x the directions are in the User Guide page 60, if you're using v14.x its on page 63.

Hope this helps
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.