Personal Profiles

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Eric Gardner

Personal Profiles

Post by Eric Gardner »

:idea: I know in version 8.5 the manual says that this can't be done. We used a program called First Choice for our membership. This program kept all the same dates and other personal information just as Power church does. Is there anyone who has found a way to import personal profiles to PC 8.5 ?

*~Soar fingers from typing~*

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

There isn't a way to do this within PowerChurch, as you've discovered. We do have a Data Conversion service that can sometimes transfer your membership data. This is a fee-based service (generally ~$200 for membership data). If you're interested, please give us a call.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Eric Gardner

Importing personel profiles into PC 8.5

Post by Eric Gardner »

Thank You for the offer. I will hand this over to our designer and if they can't pull the data into the program then we may look into your data conversion option.

It just amazes me that the data can be exported but not imported. I can match my data to power church export of personnel data in a snap. Just a shame the data only goes one way.

~Soar Fingers from typing~

Zada
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zada »

I understand your frustration. But if you do some research you will see that typically software doesn't have import features like this and would require a data conversion. Every program is designed differently and there would be no way to write a simple import for every possible import. I recently did an inquiry and one of our competitors is charging over $1,000 for this service.