Duplicate Family

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Louise

Duplicate Family

Post by Louise »

While checking records recently, I came upon a family (1 person) entered twice - one with the correct and one with the incorrect spelling of the last name. One record contains the envelope number for this individual, while attendance data has been posted to the second record with the incorrect spelling. Is there a way to merge these documents?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help with this -

Louise

Zeb
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zeb »

Working with the Integrated data entry screen, find the family with the envelope and contributions. Click the family members tab and you should see the profile(s) with the envelope number, click the profile name and then the move profile button, move this profile to the family with the attendance data.

Now you should still be in the Integrated Data Entry screen and on the family that now has both, profiles with attendance and with contributions. Assign all profiles now without envelope numbers the same number as the other profile. This is only something you can do when the profiles are in the same family. Now you can delete the profile with just attendance and should be left with a profile that has both.

I can't stress this enough, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!

If you need any further help feel free to call our technical support office at (800) 486-1800

Louise

Post by Louise »

Thank you for help with the duplicate family entry. I'll make a backup and then follow your directions.