How to Email Streamlined Contact Information for Directory Update

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

GoodShepLuthChurch

How to Email Streamlined Contact Information for Directory Update

Post by GoodShepLuthChurch »

We want to email individual families the address and phone information we have on them and ask for updates. We don't want to email the Jones family with information on the Smiths, Andersons, et al...just the Jones's. I also don't need to include birthdays, etc., just the phone and address information. I know we use individualized information when emailing out contribution statements; I want to do the same with phone and address. Where do I start? Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: How to Email Streamlined Contact Information for Directory Update

Post by NeilZ »

GoodShepLuthChurch wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:35 am
We want to email individual families the address and phone information we have on them and ask for updates. We don't want to email the Jones family with information on the Smiths, Andersons, et al...just the Jones's. I also don't need to include birthdays, etc., just the phone and address information. I know we use individualized information when emailing out contribution statements; I want to do the same with phone and address. Where do I start? Thank you.
Well Contribution statements are done much differently as it uses the system to pull the mailing address, email address, and names using the envelope number as key.

However, as far as I could tell, there is no built-in report that provides this type of individual email capability. I'll point this out to one of the techs who may have some advice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a report in Membership > Family Mailing List > Reports - Family Mailing List called Family Update Form. Starting in Version 12, this report can be emailed out to each individual family. Just check the "Email family update form" option at the bottom of the Report Options screen.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:58 am
There is a report in Membership > Family Mailing List > Reports - Family Mailing List called Family Update Form. Starting in Version 12, this report can be emailed out to each individual family. Just check the "Email family update form" option at the bottom of the Report Options screen.
Oh bother ... I thought I remembered seeing something about that, but when I went to check I missed that :wall:
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

GoodShepLuthChurch

Post by GoodShepLuthChurch »

Thank you very much for the help! Have a great day. :)