Group Attendance

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sheilah

Group Attendance

Post by Sheilah »

Is it possible to log total attendance (not by individuals) for an event? I currently track my attendance for weekly services and classes in another program but would like to be able to do it in Powerchurch. If it is not currently available, I would like to make the request that it be made available.

Thanks, Sheilah

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Sorry, but attendance is stored on an individual basis in PowerChurch. You can get totals for attendance, based on the individual entries, but you can't just enter a group total and be done with it.

Send your suggestions to wishlist@powerchurch.com. That goes directly to our head of program development.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

dpchristie

Group Attendence

Post by dpchristie »

I have to totally agree with Sheilah on this one, and I took Zaphod's advice and immediately posted a message to the wishlist.

I have been in big churches before (2000+) where they hang attendence labels. A large percentage of people never pulled their label. Add to that those people who are visitors that do not fill out visitor cards and you will never have accurate numbers.

Our church is only 4 years old, and we run anywhere from 120-140 for Sunday service. I love the individual attendence for things like Sunday School or special events, but for Sunday service, our ushers simply take a head count. In the past, these head counts where filed and we would do manual reports showing our rate of growth since the same period last year, etc.

I believe this is a crucial "must have" feature for Power Church. We only bought the software a couple months ago, and we are actually still in the setup stage, but this is the first MAJOR limitation we have come accross with the software, otherwise, we love it so far.
Pastor Dave & Lisa Christie
PowerChurch version 10.
Using PC+ since 8.5

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

In our church we have Friendship Pads, where we ask that members and visitors sign in during worship. We then take all the names and do the attendence update from them.

Our membership is currently 560, and we see worship attendence (both services) of about 420 or so.

For the Sunday School, we use attendence sheets with barcodes for each classroom, these are then scanned in.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

kcritchley

group attendance

Post by kcritchley »

I also would like to see the ability to take a head count for large events.
Also, does anyone have some good ideas on maintaining a list of small groups, including leaders, hosts, attendees, etc. I am finding it difficult to come up with a good solution.
Ken

NeilZ

Re: group attendance

Post by NeilZ »

kcritchley wrote:I also would like to see the ability to take a head count for large events.
Also, does anyone have some good ideas on maintaining a list of small groups, including leaders, hosts, attendees, etc. I am finding it difficult to come up with a good solution.
Version 9 has the new capability to identify leaders, hosts, etc under one activity number. We are just exploring this capability, but it does add some granularity to the system.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jeffkoke

Post by jeffkoke »

Ken,

Use the skills/activities capability. Just create one or more activities. You then will need to associate the individuals to that activity. For example:
SS Young Adult Teacher
SS Young Adult Teacher Assistant
SS Young Adult Class Secretary
SS Young Adult Helper
SS Young Adult Student

This is what we've done. I've not explored version 9's new features. We've been using PC+ since verison 7.

Make sense?

Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."